Diễn đàn chơi game offline

Game-offline.com - Nơi chia sẽ , trao đổi kinh nghiệm chơi các game ofline hay.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-13 08:26:59

EzekielHar

Posts Categorised: Misc Hardware

Posted on Thursday January 01, 1970

Misc Hardware.
Posts Categorised:   Misc Hardware .
0 The perfect  HTPC power supply 2020.

Posted 20th Jul 2020 by     filed under Misc Hardware

I recently got a new GPU for my HTPC which required a  replace­men t power sup­ply as the old one was­n’t suit­able for power­ing a GPU with an 8 pin PCIe power cable.
The HTPC is in use for an aver­age of around 6 hours per day and with  elec­tri­ci ty at 15p/kWh any reduc­tion in power at the wall works out at 33p a year per Watt.
This isn’t a big sav­ing, but if con­sump­tion is reduced by sev­er­al watts the sav­ing can add up.…  Read Full Art­icle   80 plus, gold, , pcie 3Sleep and WOL with Intel 82567LM‑3.

Published 3rd Dec 2019 by     filed under Misc Hardware

Last  update d 4 Apr, 2020.
I have a couple of old USFF Dell Opti­plex 760 PCs that have a built-in Intel 82567LM‑3  gig­abit eth­er­ net con­nec­tion.
Get­ting this adapter to work with both  Sleep  (S3 Sus­pend to RAM) and WOL (Wake on LAN) has proven very tricky.
The PC ori­gin­ally came with Win­dows Vista and as a busi­ness class PC you’d expect these 2 fea­tures to work but it has always been a battle to get them work­ing.…  Read Full Art­icle   driver, intel, lan, s3, sleep, wol 0The search for a storage server PSU.

Published 28th Nov 2019 by     filed under Misc Hardware

Last  update d 2 Dec, 2019.
I recently pos­ted abi­out my search for a new stor­age serv­er case.
My next search involves find­ing a suit­able PSU.
It seems in recent years it has got much harder to find the type of hard­ware I like to use, prob­ably because the fash­ion has been to go smal­ler and sleeker which is gen­er­ally more pos­sible in this era of improved per­form­ance-per-watt devices.
How­ever, if you have space and you want sys­tems to be cool, quiet.

And effi­cient then large is still the way to go.… Read Full Art­icle  80 plus

corsair, modular, psu, SATA, seasonic 0The search for a 12 bay 5.25″ full tower case.

Published 23rd Nov 2019 by     filed under Misc Hardware

Last updated 1 Dec, 2019.
I have an ori­gin­al Cool­er­Mas­ter Stack­er case (STC-T01-UW) that I use for my serv­er.
It is great because it has 12 5.25″ extern­al drive bays.
Strictly speak­ing it has 11 useable as 1 of them is taken up by the power but­ton and front-usb mod­ule, but this can be mod­i­fied if necesary.
This spec­tac­u­lar case is great for fit­ting lots of HDDs for a stor­age array.
My sys­tem cur­rently has 10 reg­u­lar size HDDs and 2 SSDs in it which fit eas­ily with plenty of cool­ing.
As I want to build a second serv­er to migrate the older drives into I am look­ing for anoth­er case with equally impress­ive capa­city…… Read Full Art­icle  5.25", atx, server 0WiFi switches from letters to numbers.

Posted 4th Oct 2018 by     filed under Misc Hardware

With the news that WiFi will get a new ver­sion next year, and that it will be called WiFi 6, I thought I’d knock up a little guide to the pre­vi­ous ver­sions of WiFi that we’ve had… Read Full Art­icle  wifi 0Fixing a slow Amazon Fire HD 8.

Posted 4th Dec 2017 by     filed under Misc Hardware

A couple of xmases ago I bought my bet­ter half an Amazon Fire HD 8 tab­let as she wanted a budget tab­let to read books on at night, and to play free android games like clash of clans.
The Fire seemed an ideal option as it would link into her Kindle account without any hassle, and is also android based.
It was also pos­sible to get a good sized device with­in the price lim­it we set each oth­er.… Read Full Art­icle  .apk, amazon, Fire, google, Kindle, Play Store 0Moore’s Law: Deader than the parrot.

Published 1st Jan 2015 by     filed under Misc Hardware

Last updated 12 Jan, 2015.
In Septem­ber 2013 I wrote an art­icle about the appar­ent end of reg­u­lar PC price drops.
Just over a year later, I thought I’d return to see if things had improved.… Read Full Art­icle 0Fixing stability issues with Asus E35M1‑M Pro.

Posted 15th Dec 2013 by     filed under Misc Hardware

The basis of my main HTPC is an AMD E350 Brazos in the form of an Asus E35M1‑M Pro.
I had quite a lot of prob­lems with the sys­tem when I first built it, which were caused by issues with the Seag­ate Momentus XT stor­age drive I used.
These were fixed a good while ago via firm­ware update from Seag­ate.

And since then the sys­tem has largely worked without any issue.… Read Full Art­icle  amd

ArctiClean, Asus, brazos, Diamond-7, E350, tim 1The end of regular PC price drops.

Posted 12th Sep 2013 by     filed under Misc Hardware

I reg­u­larly build PCs for people, and have recently been look­ing at a high end spec for someone.  I star­ted, as I often do, by look­ing at what I’d got for a high end sys­tem about a year ago, to see if it was worth mov­ing up the the new gen­er­a­tion, or if a sub­stan­tial drop in the older spec made it tempt­ing to repeat.  In the past the year old sys­tem has always been sub­stan­tially cheap­er, so I was quite sur­prised to find that this time it was­n’t.  … Read Full Art­icle 0Budget desktop PC comparison 2011 to 2012.

Published 26th Sep 2012 by     filed under Misc Hardware

Last updated 30 Sep, 2012.
Each year, around xmas, I pub­lish a recom­men­ded budget PC art­icle.
This year I’m doing it slightly early, but decided to dir­ectly com­pare the spec and price this year with last year to see how things have developed.… Read Full Art­icle  2011, 2012, budget, cheap, christmas, PC, value, xmas 1.
→.

Board footer